About Memorial Little League
Memorial Little League is a youth baseball and softball organization which is chartered with Little League International. Established in 1973 (first playing season: 1974), Memorial currently serves approximately 400 players aged 5 to 18, both boys and girls, each playing season.
Memorial LL serves the Memorial Park, Gifford Park, Dundee, Walnut Hill, Prospect Hill, and Adams Park neighborhoods in Omaha, Nebraska. Major schools in the area include: Central High School, Creighton Prep High School, Brownell-Talbot School, Lewis and Clark Junior High, St. Margaret Mary Catholic School, St. Cecilia Catholic School, Harrison Elementary, and Dundee Elementary.
The vast majority of Memorial LL baseball games are played at the location of our partner league, Hillside LL. The Hillside complex is located at 78th and Western in Omaha, Nebraska. Home softball games are played at Gallagher Park, located at 52nd and Maple. Home games for the Memorial skills program are played on Van Metre Field at Columbus Park, the home of the Central High School Eagles, located at 24th and Woolworth.
A sketch of the boundaries of Memorial LL.
The officially-sanctioned boundaries of Memorial LL, as recognized by Little League International, are:
- 69th Blondo to 50th Blondo
- 50th and NW Radial to NW Radial and Hamilton St.
- Hamilton and Fontenelle to Fontenelle and Pratt
- Fontenelle and Pratt to Pratt and Highway 75
- Pratt and Highway 75 to Highway 75 and Farnam
- Highway 75 and Farnam to Farnam and Saddle Creek
- Saddle Creek to 50th and Leavenworth
- 50th and Leavenworth to 50th and Howard
- 50th and Howard to Happy Hollow Blvd
- Happy Hollow Blvd to 69th and Dodge St.
- 69th and Dodge to 69th and Blondo